Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Three 8/12

Ive been trying to get on the road by 8 to no avail. Today was the same. The alarm went off at 7:30am but we weren't gone by at least 10.

We stopped by a Rite Aid to get some drinks and my mom's handlebar bag broke. Both straps. So for future reference Nashbar handlebar bags suck.


Here I am practicing my best facebook face waiting for her to get out of the Rite Aid


With her broken handlebar bag and my loose handle bars it was time for some ghetto fixes.

She used some toe straps that she was going to use for her pedals to thread through the torn holes from the missing straps and through more holes that she cut in the front.


For my handle bars I went fishing through the trash outside and found a Red Bull can and cut out of it a strip to shim my handlebars. There was already a peice of rim tape as a shim but it wasnt enough. The combination seems to work great.


There were some pretty ill looking abandoned factorys of some sort (concrete or cement I think).


I was digging the graphitii too.



Flat tire AHAHGGGGGAAAGG!!!!!!! I hate my life!


Still fixing.


Flat tires are the bane of my existance.


This was a pretty beastly hill. For those of you who don't know what a fixed gear bike is its a bike with one gear and where you can't stop pedalling because your pedaling is directly attached to your wheel moving. Soooo I can't coast down big hills and my leg were moving crazy down that hill. Yeah I know, hardcore! (hey if you cant toot your own horn on your own blog then where can you). I also made it all the way back up. My mom wasn't so lucky.


I EAT HILLS!!!!


ALBANY!! HOOPLA!!

(I guess the most interesting thing about them is that they are the summer home of the giants. We weren't impressed.)

There is no better way to end a long day of riding than with a 4 pack of bangin root beer



64 Miles Up 9W

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mutha Fatha! Unbelievable joy and pride as I watch this Tour de NE 9W. Lovely, lovely, lovely obstacles only Marshall can tackle. Yo mama makes for a great Sydney! Keep truckin and be safe!!!

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cosmeeeeeeeeee this is soo hardcore and cool. I hope that you and your mom make it up safely. great ghetto red bull can fix. ride safely :)

Rafer said...

Yo Kiddo enjoy yourself on route 4 to 30 to Middlebury Your prob almost there.

Elaine H. said...

Hey there bikers! LOVE this blog!!! Cos -- excellent mix of photos and text. Teresa -- you are really something given that your biking experience consists of "stories from college" :) I've got a bike bumper sticker that says "Bike Free or Drive" -- that's right on. You guys are an inspiration. Hugs and kisses from Snoqualmie!