Monday, August 11, 2008

What I am doing and how I got this idea


Hi my name is Cosme and I am writing this blog to document my trip to college. I am riding my bike from New York City to Colby College in Waterville, Maine. I am giving myself 12 days from the 10th of August to (hopefully) arrive in Waterville by the evening of the 22nd. The plan is to visit a friend in Middlebury, Vermont then cut across to the coast and up to Colby.



So I was a part of the NYCC (New York Cycle Club)'s Youth Group last year. I was the youngest in the group being only 16 and so for the most part everybody was in college or going to college that fall. One of the girls (Lucy Simko) decided after being part of the club that she would ride to college (Washington & Lee) that summer. So pretty much I stole her idea except I am going to Maine instead. Thanks Lucy!

2 comments:

Catfish said...

ahh! 49/17? gear down cosme! save your knees. otherwise, blog looks great and the whole trip looks like a lot of fun.

how'd you attach the rack to the IRO track ends? i didn't think they had eyelets.

i can't believe your mom is riding so far on an old centurion... she may be more hard core than you on a fixed.

~catfish

Lupe said...

Bien Cosme recibe la fuerza de tu familia en Peru adelante, que tienes una muy buena compaƱia todos estamos contigo
saludos
Lupe